Sunday, February 24, 2013

This is a face that everyone who knows me, and even those who don't, will be seeing quite alot of.  This is Evan.  He takes up a pretty big piece of my heart.  He has quite the story for being less than 8 months old.  As many of my clients know, I am a photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.  This is an organization that helps parents remember babies who never get to leave the hospital.  Never would I have thought that this organization would mean more to me than it already did.  You see, Evan was a twin.  His sweet baby brother, who I never got to meet, died not long after his birth.  My friend, unfortunately, was in need of NILMDTS.  Evan fought his way out of the hospital, and is now a healthy almost 8 month old.  My Mom and I went to visit at the hospital every chance we got.  Even my boys were attached to this little man that they had never met.  It was Ian who said, "Mommy, he's going to live.  That's just the way it works, if you lose one baby, the other one just has to live."  And that's just what Evan did.  Evan's Mama is a friend I have known since birth.  Her Mom and my Mom went to High School together.  Before the babies, we hadn't seen too much of each other.  Every so often we would visit, and complain that we need to do it more often.  Well I am happy to say that that has finally happened.  We are getting together on a regular basis.  I don't know that I even realized how much I missed this.  We saw alot of each other as kids, but as adults we "got busy".  So we credit Evan and Ryan for bringing us together.  I eagerly away my next visit.  Gotta have some of those Evan kisses!!

No comments: