Friday, October 25, 2013

Pinterest. Friend or Foe?


Pinterest.  Friend or Foe?

Before sessions I am often approached with ideas from Pinterest.  Before sessions *I* often consult Pinterest.  But the question remains.  Can you do "this" photo for me?  The answer is a little complicated.

No.  I can't.

I can take a look at it.  Let it swirl around in my head for a bit, and see what my camera and brain can capture.  It may not be EXACTLY the same, because it is someone else's image.

I may even have to take another look at it because of all the other clutter that is up in my brain, Wiggles episodes, homework due dates, who needs diapers, or a costume, or food.

We may not have the same smiley kids, light, setting, props.

But we can get a perfect image of your children or family, in our lighting at our location, with their personalities captured at that very moment, and saved forever.

And you can put it on Pinterest.  And some Mom somewhere in another state, in another time, will say to her photographer, "Can you do 'this' photo for me?"

~T


No comments: